Attaching files

Hi
Would it be possible to extend the list of file types that can be attached invoices, purchase & estimates etc…, to include “kmz” files please?

I’m really struggling to understand the use case for these in an accounting system.

We’ll that’s not the response I was expecting…,

The use case that provides the capability to attach pdf, xlsx & doc files is no different to why I would like to expand the use case to “kmz” files.

When I provide a client with estimates & sales documents I also would like to provide additional supporting documentation that includes kmz files.

A lot of attachments to invoices I make are nothing to do with accounting info either. Seems pretty normal to me!

The usual solution/workaround to this is to zip it but they aren’t accepted either, and it seems bizarre zipping a zipped file just to be able to upload it!

Another workaround is maybe upload to Dropbox/Google Drive/One Drive or whatever you have and just stick the link in the invoice/email?

I understand were you are coming from, but adding link to doesn’t really resolve the issue it just adds additional steps in to the workflow.
The “tidy” solution would be to attach a document to the source Estimate / Sales document.

In general, it would be nice to know if the request is going to be accommodated or not.

Hello @kcg

All feature requests are taken into account when we look into updates based on number of votes (demand), difficulty to implement and current workloads.

If you allow docx and xlsx attachments then it should be trivial to allow other zip-based file formats (kmz, odt, etc.) too - they’re technically exactly the same, a zip file full of various XMLs.

1 Like