Auto set reminder schedule for ALL new invoices

It would be useful to be able to have a preset reminder schedule for all new invoices. Currently, each invoice has to have its own reminder schedule set individually and then all three elements have to be set too. It would be helpful to have default preset values.

Hi @AntEmm,

You can set the reminder schedule in general or on a per invoice basis.

There is a guide on the reminders here: Automated overdue invoice reminders

Hope this helps

Thanks Beth but this doesn’t resolve the problem. I want to set the default details for all new invoices but not have the automatic sending of the reminder. I still want to be able to check whether to send or not. It seems that if you set to not allow automatic sending then the whole default setting is turned off.
I hope that explains the difficulty I have

Hi @AntEmm

In the credit control settings page, there’s an option to enable/disable the auto-sending of the reminders. If you change this to “Disabled”, then these just appear as a notification on your dashboard to send or cancel them manually.

OK thanks Matthew
I will check that this is working from now on.
Kind regards
Anthony

1 Like

Hi Matthew / Beth
I have just checked again and it doesn’t work. I have the credit control set to enabled and the auto-send reminders to disabled and it doesn’t set the credit control details for a new invoice.
I have attached the screen shot of the setting which I hope will help you resolve this issue
Kind regards

Hi @AntEmm

Apologies for any confusion, but could you just clarify by what you mean by “it doesn’t work”? What are you expecting compared to what is/is not happening?

I just want to be sure I’m on the same wavelength and understanding the situation correctly.

Hi Matthew
What I am expecting is that when a new invoice is created and sent then the reminder schedule is automatically filled in and does not need me to manually change the reminder schedule for the invoice and fill in the over due day lengths. At present even though the credit control settings are selected in settings, as in the screen shot above, when a new invoice is created and sent the invoice has no reminders selected. I hope I have explained what the problem is.
Thanks

Let me send you a private message to get a few more details from you, as the automated reminders are created at the time the invoice is sent.

But we’ll take a look and see what’s going on here for you. You should see a green notification in the top right shortly.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.