Automatically allocate to invoices by date

For suppliers with many invoices, we land up selecting invoices numerous times (to allocate payments). Would be a lot easier if there was an option to allocate a payment automatically to the oldest invoices (by date).

Unfortunately that wouldn’t be wise as there are many people who don’t always pay oldest invoices first. I personally believe the way it’s set up now, which is by selecting multiple invoices to pay down, is the best and safest way.

I’m unsure how your doing it, but if you tag a bank payment and select payment to supplier. Then select pay down multiple invoices, you can simply just tick each invoice the payment relates to, with the oldest first in the list.

Are you paying invoices manually or tagging from the current account in QF?

While tagging from the current account, it gets quite cumbersome and time consuming to select 500 different invoices of £20 each, for a £10000 payment. There should be better way, wouldn’t you agree?

You can tag the payment as a payment on account and then go to the supplier list and select all the invoices and record a payment from the payment on account. That’s the only quicker way I can see that may work.

Thanks, I tried your suggestion but maybe I am missing something. This works if I start selecting each unpaid invoice individually and using the available credit to allocate against it. However, when I select a few invoices and click on the Update as Paid button, there is no option to use the credit (prepayments) to allocate towards the invoices?

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.