Automatically apply a company discount

How do I add a discount to a Company rather than adding it every time to their invoice?

Many thanks

Hi @alexp

There is no specific way to do this, you may be able to use the inventory list to create a discounted item specific for the company.

You may also be able to use a bit of code to do this but I have asked one of my colleages to take a look at get back to you

Hi @alexp

There is a way to do this, but it’s not a native feature of QuickFile. Do you have a Power User Subscription?

Hi Mathew

Yes I do have a Power User subscription

Perfect.

Beforehand, you’ll need the client ID. If you view the client as normal, you’ll see ?cID= in the web address - you’ll need the number after the equals.

If you go to Account Settings >> Design Customisation >> Advanced CSS & HTML Customisation, and select Custom Scripts on the left hand side.

You’ll need to add this here, changing the “123456” and “10” at the top of the script. Hopefully that part is simple to follow, but let us know if you need guidance :slight_smile:

var clientID = 123456; // Put your "cID" here
var discount = 10; // Put the amount of discount to add here

$(document).ready(function() {
    $('body').on('DOMSubtreeModified', '#hrefSelectedClientName', function(){
        if($('#hiddenClientID').val() == clientID)
        {
            $('#txtdiscountPercentage').val(discount);
        }
    });
});

This will automatically set the discount percentage to the specified value, when the specified client is selected.

Perfect thanks for your help

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.