Automatically fill category description for purchases

When creating a new purchase: I always use the same description for the category. Is there any way of setting this so that it fills automatically so that I don’t have to type the same description each time?
Thanks.

Do you mean you always use the same description or you always use the same category? And this is when creating a new purchase from the purchases screen, not via receipt hub or bank tagging?

You can already set a default category per supplier. There is a recurring purchase option if these are reasonably regular, or you can just copy an existing purchase.

1 Like

It’s the same category and the same description. I can set the default category for each supplier and was wondering if a default description could be automatically appied too. The recurring purchase won’t really work as it is for different values each time.

Hi @ELMFFA,

The inventory list may also help as you can set descriptions as well as prices for items. Setting up reusable inventory items

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Hi @QFBeth

That’s perfect thank you. Just what I was after.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.