Backup not up to date

Hi

When I do a ‘backup now’, it is missing several transactions that I have posted that day. Can it not be live or make clear at what point it is taken?

thanks

Daryl

Hi @pickthalld

The file that’s sent to you is taken from a snapshot. The below is included as part of the emails we issue with back ups:

Please Note: Backups are extracted from our own internal database snapshots and may not contain data entered within the last 12 hours. You can find out more about scheduled and on-demand backups here.

Hi - thanks for the quick reply.

My backup appears in Dropbox so I don’t get any information by email. I referred to this document https://www.quickfile.co.uk/home/backups on the link you sent me and it says that you back up every 15 minutes.

Is there no way I can access current data in the backup form?

kind regards

Daryl

It’s down to the way the back ups are created when we generate them for you unfortunately, so they will always be taken from the system back ups we carry out on a regular basis. However, this isn’t the 15 minute log back ups but rather the full back ups.

It’s done this way as previously a live back up caused issues in terms of the quality of the back up itself and system performance.

The only way to export 100% live data, would be to export them from the individual screens in your account (e.g. invoices from the invoice management list).

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.