Bank account balance in Quickfile different from Barclays bank balance

Hi,

My bank balance in Quick file is different from the Barlcays bank balance by £177 and I do not know when this difference occurred and what is causing it - I only started checking last month. I use an automated bank feed and do not pay or collect VAT. I have used the reconcile option and it showed me the difference but does not tell me how to search for it or how to find it. What can I do? Is it even possible to search for this amount in the past 9 months in Quickfile?

Thanks

Best way is to go down the transactions month by month until the balance matches and then work your way back to find the missing entry.

Also make sure you added an opening balance to the account when you started.

2 Likes

Thank you very much! I will begin the month by month checking now. Was just hoping for a short cut or a way to look for the missing figure since I know exactly what it is.

You could may use the search feature at the top of your bank account screen to find the amount. But as Paul said you should check your opening balance because most of the time that is happening when the opening balance is missing or wrong.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.