Bank balance adjustment

I need adjust my savings account to reflect the actual balance. All my transactions are tagged and nothing is missing or duplicated. How do I post the adjustment in QF please?

Hello @Ensign

All my transactions are tagged and nothing is missing or duplicated. How do I post the adjustment in QF please?

If all transactions are showing and there are no extra transaction the only other things to check are the opening balance and/or pending transactions. There should be no need to post an adjustment.

Was there an opening balance enter on the account?, is it correct? you can view the account and select options > settings to enter/adjust this.

Please note that QuickFile will only bring in transactions from a bank feed that the bank deems fully cleared or “Booked” pending transactions may take a day or two to show.

Thanks for your prompt reply. There is no opening balance on this account so can I use the current balance as the opening balance or will it cause an error?

Hello @Ensign

If you choose to start at £0.00 and transfer in say £20,000 and pay off 5x £2000 payments you will end up with £10,000 on the account.

If you are saying the account started at zero and the end balance is incorrect there must be a discrepancy with the transactions on the account.

You would have to reconcile the account to ensure everything matches (see link below)

https://support.quickfile.co.uk/t/reconciling-your-bank/8844

Thank you for your help with this Steve.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.