Bank Balance in Dashboard not same in Chart of Accounts

Hi,

The current account balance on my dashboard is not the same as the account balance (nominal code 1200) in the chart of accounts.

I used a journal to post the opening balance dated 08.10.17. The company year end was 31.10.17.

The nominal code 1200 appears only to show the value of transactions since 01.11.17 and not the balance of the account.

If I open a balance sheet report, the current account shows the correct bank balance.

Not sure what to do?

Hi @Darren_Smith

One thing to be sure of in the Chart of Accounts is the date range. This report uses a default date range of your current financial year and as such it will only show transactions from this period, not taking into account anything before or after it.

I suspect this may be the case seems you’re only seeing transactions since 1st November 2017?

Hi,

Thanks, that solved it

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

The “trial balance” report may be a better one to use, as that shows opening and closing balances as well as the total of transactions for the selected period.

2 Likes

Thanks Ian,

I just looked at the Trial Balance report - helps a lot.

I’m new to QF and finding my way around right now.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.