Bank balance not correct

Hello, I have 2 bank accounts, one which feeds in to quick file and one that I upload the statement for. Neither have the correct balance and I don#t understand why?
Many Thanks
Laura

Hi @Laura1

It’s likely that you’re either missing transactions, or have more than what you should. Unfortunately, this does require a bit of detective work but we’ve tried to make this as simple as possible :slight_smile:

You’ll want to use our recon tool and try and match up your bank balance on QuickFile to those of your online banking or paper statements. When you find a particular month that’s not correct, then you can narrow it down further, e.g. per week.

Hope this helps!

Hi, if it doesn’t have a figure in the balance, does that mean the balance is the same as before?

Generally we only show the balance at the end of the day. However when using the recon tool it should show the balances at the top of the page for you to match against your statement.

Ok.
I’m trying to use the recon tool now and the figure all match, but it’s telling me I’m short? I don’t understand

If it’s showing as short, it means the balance on QuickFile is lower than that of your bank statement. This could suggest for example, that you are missing transactions on QuickFile compared with your bank statement.

Start at the present time and keep going back in time in short periods (e.g. one month at a time, or match your statements if different) until you hit a point where it’s all OK. That way, you know that from that between that point and the previous one there’s an error.

E.g.
If Feb - March and Jan - Feb don’t match up, but Dec - Jan does, you then know there’s an issue between December and January.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.