Bank balance out of line

Hi as I’m new here I was wondering if you could help? I’ve been using QuickFile since the start of April and I’ve found my way around most things with the exception of my two bank balance’s, I have a business current and savings account but I have somehow messed up the exact balances on both accounts!
Is there a way I can correct these please?
Regards
Paul

Hello @Redandbo

The bank balance is not entered into QuickFile. It is made up of the transactions that have went through it over time.

If the balances are incorrect then either something has been missed off or something has been entered extra. You would need to reconcile the accounts to find the issue.

https://support.quickfile.co.uk/t/reconciling-your-bank/8844

Alternatively you could post a Money In or Money Out transaction to a different nominal code to make the balance correct going forward but you would then have to account for the value on the other code.

It may be worth having a discussion with your accountant about this to see what they recommend.
If you don’t have an accountant, we have a panel of accountants to choose from, for more information, please see the following link:

accountants.quickfile.co.uk

Hi
To add or change the opening balance go to
Bank account>>more option>>settings

Thanks I will have a look👍

Paul Hallas
Paul Hallas Ltd

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.