Bank feed from Nat West

New to Quickfile. Decided to activate a bank feed from my Nat West account. A payment made was not picked up by Quickfile. Is there an issue at the moment?

What sort of payment and when? The bank feed only picks up “cleared” transactions so if you make a debit card payment it will take a few days to fully clear before it shows in the bank feed, even if you can see it as “pending” in your internet banking. Electronic transfers should show up immediately as they clear in real time.

Thanks for your response. The transaction is in quickfile now. It was a bank transfer transaction so I thought it would be immediate. Apparently not.

Well, when I say “immediately” I mean “the next time the feed process runs” - I’m not sure how frequent this is but it may only be once a day.

There’s one or two specific banks (Starling, and possibly Revolut) where the feed works differently and the bank pushes transactions to QuickFile in real time, but the “standard” open banking feed for the majority of banks requires QuickFile to periodically pull transactions on a schedule.

Hi @jbs

Just to confirm - all bank feeds run once per day, but can be run ‘on demand’ from within your bank account itself.

Starling is the only bank feed that differs in that it’s “live”. All other feeds operate on the standard Open Banking set up.

I would expect any transactions from NatWest to appear by 6am each morning, but they would need to be cleared.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification. It took two days from the transaction for it to appear. I got a message from Nat West the day before it appeared in Quickfile saying it had been cleared from my account that day. I will see what happens from here. thanks for your reply.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.