Bank feeds not refreshing again

Yet again my bank feeds are not refreshing - I have tried revoking them and setting it all up again and again and again and it works for a bit and then stops refreshing even after I have revoked it again.
Also I have been unable to link all my personal accounts from my barclays accounts which I was able to do before so taht i have a revord of busines and personal spending which I need.
I have tried calling my bank about this and they have referred me back to you and you have referred me back to them.
This is just all not working for me and taking too much of my time.
Are you able to arrange a refund for me for the money I will loose iso I can close my account?
Lorrayn de Peyer

Hi @lorrayndepeyer

Sorry to hear that you’re experiencing some issues here.

What issues are you experiencing exactly? Happy to see if we can resolve these for you.

Do you know if these have been revoked from your Barclays online banking at all? Are you seeing any error messages when you try to manually refresh the account?

Is there a particular reason you need your personal accounts linked too? Generally it’s not advised to link these as it could risk skewing the true numbers, particularly if you’re a limited company for example.

Please look at the history of correspondence between us . This has gone on too long - I have not been able to get your system to work with my bank again -
I don’t undersand what has changed as it was working before however after three months of trying I need to leave.
How do I get a refund please and leave?

Hi @lorrayndepeyer

Please accept my apologies - we deal with thousands of users so I didn’t recall your situation initially.

Nothing on our end has changed recently. If I recall correctly, the issue you experienced previously was on Barclay’s side, which is unfortunately out of our control.

I’m just trying to gauge the use case here in regards to having the personal account set up too. If you could let us know, that would be appreciated.

We will however send you a private message to see how we can assist you further, but if you can let us know about the personal account setup here (so other users can reply too), that would be appreciated.

The bank feeds are not refreshing. I have done what you told me to do last time and revoked all the accouNts and then set it up again using mobile banking with the access code etc and it is still not refreshing and bringing my accounts up to date.
THIS HAS NOW OCCURRED MULTIPLE TIMES
I am seeing no error messages which is also what happened before. It just doesn’t refresh and this is exactly what happend last month.
I need to have a record of my personal spending as well business accounts for all sorts of reasons. That you povided this facility was one of the reasons I chose your software before and now it is disabled - you can see that this was working before because I have all the figures for two current accounts and two business accounts in my portal.
Also, your service does not enable barclaycard for business credit cards either, only personal credit cards are accepted by it.
However, my frustration has been that the software not funtioning properly even for the limited service it is providing me.
Please can you arrange a refund - I am sorry I have perservered as long as I can it has taken TOO MUCH OF MY TIME.
Thank you

Hi @lorrayndepeyer

Just to confirm for other users reading this thread - we have never supported multiple authorisations for one bank. If Barclays used to allow you to link multiple accounts (both personal and business), this would have been on Barclays side. Likewise, if this is no longer permitted, it would have been a change on their end. Unfortunately, this isn’t something we can control for security, amongst other reasons.

With Barclaycard, we do support business, although I agree it is confusing that there are 3 options. This is again due to Barclays and the way they have set up Open Banking. If you (or anyone else reading this thread) has issues finding the correct login option, please let us know and we can help identify this for you.

I agree that the feed shouldn’t disconnect, but if it’s not working in between the reauthentication, which seems to be the case here, this would again be down to Barclays. We have no access to your account to be able to disconnect a feed. All we have is a read-only token which grants us the permissions you see when authenticating QuickFile.

It has been known for Barclays to encounter issues, as is the same with other banks, but it is unfortunate (and frustrating for us too) that it’s only the banks who can resolve them, and often their customer support teams will tell you otherwise. It’s only when you speak to the correct team (if the bank even permits you to do that) that they will agree there’s an issue on their side.

However, I do appreciate your feedback, and I strongly suggest making a complaint to your bank over this too. If their customers speak out to them, hopefully we will see change.

I can only apologise for the issues you’ve seen here, whether that’s through the feed not working on occasion, or not being able to authenticate the correct account.

I will reply to your private message shortly.

Thank you for your message Mathew,
I need to be able to access and keep records of my personal accounts as well business accounts in one online system. Some of my expences are both business and personal items like running a home office and using some of my home for my business, like my car, like some of my travel and some of my clothing.
I have already tried to get barclays to help me and they have referred me back to you.
From your reply above it seems likely that I may never be able to get to speak to the right people at barclays - and I have tried.
So, if the bank is not going to be able to help me and you are not able to help me it would seem to me that you are selling a system that is redunundant and I would like a refund please.

I am intertested to hear the experience of other users with these issues who are also Barclays customers.
Thank you

To be fair to QuickFile, if the problem is indeed at the Barclays end then it’ll be the same for any other accounting system that uses the same Open Banking API, if you’re thinking of switching to something like Xero or FreeAgent then I suggest you search their equivalent customer forums - I wouldn’t be surprised if they have similar numbers of reports of bank feed problems that are the fault of the bank…

The system is in no way redundant. I use it daily and I have a feed for both barclays and santander and have never had any issue with refreshing a feed. In fact all my feeds pull through automatically.

It may well be a issue with the way yours is set up, perhaps it would be a good idea if support could look at your account and see how the feeds have been set up.

You, of course still have the option to upload a cvs file of bank statements which you can easily download from your online bank accounts

Please can you advise me: what the point of using these expensive systems if they don’t work.
Better to get a book keeper and do it all in excel? How do you do yours ?

I’ve never used automatic bank feeds, I have few enough transactions that I’ve never really felt the need - my business is a retail shop so I only have a handful of transactions per day. I don’t take individual BACS payments from customers so income is typically one transaction per day bulk settlement from our card provider, and most of the expenditure is payments to suppliers (three or four regular ones per week plus one-offs) which I log from the purchase side, or payroll-related items that I import from my payroll system. I have to manually create a few transactions a month for things like PAYE and VAT payments but not enough to make it worth paying extra for the bank feed.

I guess it might be different if I wasn’t disciplined enough to keep on top of the book keeping every couple of days, but I’m generally pretty good about that and the few times I’ve had a backlog (from going on holiday for a week or two) I’ve been able to download a CSV manually from internet banking and upload that into QF.

Sorry to hear your having problems with barclays Lorrayn. Barclays are a right pain and have caused numerous issues for me over the years both with personal accounts and business.

I just wanted to say i agree with both Ian and Paul though. If the problem is with the bank then it doesn’t matter how you link it the problem will follow you.

I personally use the barclaycard feed without any issues and thats with a business cards not personal. Not sure if your expensive comment was aimed at quickfile but i find it very reasonable compared to other options.

I left Barclays because of problems. My NatWest feed has been perfect since I started here. But as others are saying, this being an API (and a public one at that - praise be this was set up too), all the real work is done at the bank’s end. 3rd parties like QuickFile can only implement what they’ve been told to do by the protocol, no doubt triple checked by every bank. You have my sympathy for what it’s worth. All systems use Open API now, so they will all encounter the same issues under the same circumstances as yours.

I also left Barclays, in part because of the grief caused by the switch to Open Banking but also because Barclays internally add/merge/change things as they see fit which often ends up not the way you actually want them. They used to be pretty good and listened to customers but that seems to have all gone by the wayside now. They charge a reasonable fee to do essentially nothing that I want to pay them for now so I switched to Starling for several reasons, one being the fact it was better integrated with Quickfile.

Thanks everybody,
This was all really helpful to hear. Seems like Barclays may be at fault and I am looking at changing my bank now after eharing all this.
Quikfiles have offered given me a refund for the remaining part of my contract with them which seems fair as their system is not compatible with Barclays online service which is what I need for now.
Wishing you all good luck with your respective businesses Kindest regards
Lorrayn
Kind regards

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.