Bank Import Template - Option to save custom

I appreciate you looked at this recently and resolved it the same day but either it is just me or maybe HSBC have changed something again. I don’t have time to look at it for now so I have just mapped it manually but as an idea it might help if you could allow a user to save their own template for importing data. I see there are other threads of Lloyds bank etc changing their formats. I don’t mind mapping things myself but it would be nice if it remembered it for next time so I dont have to repeat it every time (maybe on the custom import there could be an option to save as default or edit default (just an idea)?
Thanks again - I realise this it not your issue but rather HSBC’s for changing formats.
current csv download is giving me - Date Type Description Amount Balance

Hi @sean1,

We will have a look into whether anything has changed again - and I will also change this to a feature request in relation to

I’d vote for remembering the import parameters, as it’s a number of clicks that have to be got right for each account (not to mention when you get to the end and the statement has entries earlier than the lock date so you lost the import and have to start again). I only have one account that’s automated (NatWest) and several - Barclaycard (personal), Metro Bank and KentReliance that have to be done manually so it would be a great help to be able to create custom bank profiles.

Also if it were possible to save the import folder with the profile rather than relying on the browser’s last used location that would save a lot of clicks too.

Any update on this? My HSBC download is still putting all amounts in one column with a minus sign for debits then when uploading to QF everything gets uploaded as a debit. I have been amending the csv file manually as only downloading a few transactions. Should I choose “other” and manually map? I didn’t as I thought the problem had been fixed.

Hi @Silverfrost

We’re monitoring the interest in this feature request for now.

If you’re having issues with a bank statement import, by all means start a #support thread and we’ll take a look for you.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.