Bank Statement View Limit

When viewing the bank statement, if I click on the arrows to the right of the Date header I would expect to see the oldest transaction. However I do not get the oldest transaction and it seems the range must have a limit. If I untick Tagged or Untagged I get transactions going much further back. It seems that this removes a number of transaction from the view selection so allows older transactions to be viewed. I am retrospectively trying to add an opening balance but the balance is currently not matching the bank and I cannot see all of the transactions in full to check them.

It seems as if the balance is calculated live from the transactions but because not all are available the balance is incorrect.

Hello @tc5440

The bank balance on the screen is the total Money in and total money out of the account (including an opening balance)

If you have entered an opening balance on the account you can view this by clicking Options > Settings

Hi QFSteve, OK but why can I not see all of the transactions?

Hello @tc5440

The arrows you mentioned cycle through the pages of the bank screen, you currently have it set to the max of 50 per page.

The quickest way to see the oldest it to reverse sort the date column

@QFSteve Thanks and I understand all of this but as in my original post when I sort oldest to newest or scroll to the end I am not seeing all of the entries. I see more if I remove some by unticking Untagged or Tagged. This is the issue.

Hi @tc5440

There is a date range limit on the list initially, but this can be expanded through a search. I believe that selecting untagged/tagged triggers as a search filter.

Initially, what you should see at the bottom of the last page (without any search filters), is a note like this:

Hi @QFSteve, that worked. That’s great, thanks. It takes some finding but probably something rarely needed.