Bank statements tagging and links to Receipts

Continuing the discussion from Creating records and tagging payments from the Receipt Hub:

Hi
I am getting very confused. My account is straight forward, I have downloaded my bank statement, not huge I have a few expenses each month and some income, I have no suppliers.
For my few receipts - for things like travel, office supplies etc, I have started to enter into the receipt center when they sit.

Then I have problems, If I tag the receipts they are duplicated on the bank statements (yes I have read about this before), but by just tagging the bank statements it does not seem to recognize my receipts at all.
Am I missing something obvious!
Please can you help. I think this is a great bit of software but I do need to be able to link receipts to statements.
Cheers
Barbara

1 Like

The link is not directly between bank transactions and receipts, there’s a middle layer of “purchase invoices” which both sides link into.

If you create purchases through the receipt hub and say from there that they have been paid, then that will create ready-tagged transactions on your bank, not tag imported ones. The thing to do is first go through your receipt hub creating purchases but don’t tick the “paid” box. Then go through your bank statement tagging the relevant imported transactions as “payment to a supplier” and they should link up with the purchase records you just created.

Alternatively you can create the purchase records from bank tagging, then go through the receipt hub to link receipts to purchases, but I find the first way round easier as you have the receipt on screen to look at when you’re creating the purchases.

1 Like

Ian
Many thanks indeed. Just done.
As you suggested went from the receipt hub.
Am wondering what I do with the regular payments say that are bank payments or monthly insurance payments? - that don’t necessarily have a receipt?
Many thanks again
Regards
Barbara

For these I use the recurring purchase feature to automatically create purchase records on the date of each monthly payment, then tag bank transactions to those. There won’t be a receipt attached to each individual record, but recurring purchases are linked back to the original template one, which will presumably have your annual payment schedule or whatever attached to it.

Many thanks Ian, will take a look tomorrow. Many thanks again for quick and helpful response.
Barbara

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.