Bank Tagging Advice - tagging a payment to an invoice from previous system

I’m a newish user to Quickfile having joined a couple of months ago, I would really welcome some advice on a bank tagging query.

Our financial year started in April, I’ve entered the opening balances for this financial year as journal entries and also input all our accounting info for this financial year, however, I have one untagged April sales receipt in the bank account (this relates to an outstanding March sales invoice owed from the previous financial year).

Therefore at present, the bank account has this one amount untagged and the value likewise is held in the suspense account.

Any suggestions on how to allocate/tag these two please.
Thanks in advance.

Hi @PeterD

A common way to tackle this problem would be to create a dummy invoice for that client and date it before your opening balance. This would require an adjustment on your opening balance journal however so it’s not accounted for twice.

I found a previous topic which goes through the process which may be of some help:

I hope this helps, but please don’t hesitate to let me know if you have any further queries.

Thanks for the info, I’ll give it a go over the weekend.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.