Bank tagging expenditure showing twice

Hi,

I have a santander bank feed and a few transactions (debits are showing as happening twice. What is the best way to deal with this please and where has it gone wrong? I have checked with the bank and the transaction has only happened once.

Hi @Tym777

Can I just check what type of bank feed you’re using please, and whether the duplicates match exactly (amount, date and description)?

If they are genuine duplicates, then you can simply delete the untagged entries. As long as your overall bank balance is accurate, you should be all OK.

Hi, It is a Santander one. I click ‘refresh feed’ each day and it seems to have pulled it from there. The transactions do have exactly the same wording.

Hi @Tym777

We’re looking into this for you now and will come back to you shortly.

Ok thanks. Much appreciated.

Thanks for your patience here @Tym777.

We’ve switched on extended logging on your account and we will check the logs in a few days. But from analysis so far it’s caused by Santander sending same entry on different dates.

Hmm okey dokey. Is this just me or other Santader users.

I’m getting duplicates with Santander too. I also get a warning at the top of Santander when I log in to say that the Yodlee feed is ending despite deleting it within quickfiles. I presume that is why they are duplicating - 2 active feeds perhaps!

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know. We have logged this with Santander and are still waiting on a response.

Thanks,
Beth

Just to let you know this is still occurring.

We will update this thread once we have had an answer from them :slight_smile:

Hi,

I’ve had this problem too with Santander feed, it took me a while to understand it, and I’ve got round it by just deleting the duplicate transaction, its a bit confusing though, especially as this was supposed to make life easier!!

Hi @davina and @Tym777

We have been informed by Santander that this should now be resolved. Would you mind checking the next time transactions are imported please, and letting us know if this is all OK now?

Hi,

This is not fixed and is still showing bothg double credits and debits?

Hi @Tym777

Is it the exact same situation as before where the date changes?

We’re only pulling in the data Santander are providing to us, so unfortunately if the issue is still there, we will need to refer this back to them.

It is. I can sent a screen shot next time I notice it though. Bit of a worry though if I don’t spot it as it will throw out my VAT return and everything!

Hi, Please see the screen shot attached… As you can see Fastfield forms happened twice on the feed.

@Tym777 - I’ll send you a private message to get additional details from you.

Hi, This issue is still not resolved and things are coming through twice!! very annoying.

Hi @davina

I’d like to have a look into this, specifically the data were receiving for your account.

Let me send you a private message and we’ll investigate this for you. Please look for a green notification in the top right corner.