Bank Tagging/receipts

For our Brownie accounts, we mainly spend using cheque/debit card (e.g. Asda/Aldi), so don’t have any suppliers as such. I tag the expenditure as it comes through the bank feed using the “something else not on the list” option. If I wanted to add the till receipt to this transaction, how could I do this?

Hi @Brownowl

You would need to create a purchase invoice.

What you can do, is rather than having separate suppliers for things like this, you could give them a more generic name. E.g. have a supplier called “Food Supplies” rather than Asda/Tesco/Aldi, etc.

However, that said, the general way to approach this is to have different suppliers and have a purchase invoice for each receipt/invoice you have, rather than using “something else not on the list”. This way, it allows you to examine your expenditure on a supplier-by-supplier basis (e.g. how much spent with Aldi compared to Asda).

Side note - if you are VAT registered (if you aren’t, someone else reading this response may be), you should be creating a purchase invoice rather than “something else not on the list”, as this then records the VAT for you, too.

Hope that helps!

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.