Bank Transfers Not tagging correctly

Hi everyone, have a small issue.

Say for example on the 25/1/2020 i have an amount going from Account 1 but Account 2 doesnt show it till the 27th (I believe this was a weekend) , I cannot get QF to automatically pick up its a linked transaction (the amounts are the same however) , even if i go through and manually click save all it does is create a duplicate transaction.

Ive scoured these forums and have seen a few others have had issues, could someone take a look?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @perfectionprinting

Because the dates are different you won’t be able to link the two payments. Instead, you’d need to take one of the two dates and make sure they match.

This is typical for something like a merchant account (Stripe, PayPal etc). In this case, I would take the date on your bank statement.

Hope that helps!

This is double entry book-keeping - every credit must have a matching debit on the same date to keep the accounts in balance, money can’t disappear on one day and reappear on another. If you absolutely must have both ends match their respective statements then you need a third place on your balance sheet where the “funds in transit” can sit between the time they leave one account and the time they arrive in the other.

The easiest way to handle it is to create an extra dummy bank account, tag the money out of account 1 on 25th as a transfer into the transit account and the money in on 27th as a transfer from the transit account.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.