Barclay card Statement up load

Hi, I am trying to upload the statement from my Commercial Barclay Card but every time I upload it the amounts shown in the wrong column so basically they are reversed for instance Payments on to the card is showing as credit and things like interest charges are showing as debt. when I download from the Barclay card site the only file type that seems to work is a.QIF file all other types I get the message that this file is empty or there was a problem contract the admin. can this issue be addressed i have a lot to put on and i don’t want to enter it all manually it will take ages

I’ve never uploaded anything but CSV files as these are generally pretty simple and easy to manipulate/edit if required. When uploading if you select ‘other’ you can map the columns to get the money in and out columns reversed.

Hi @mathump3,

Sorry to hear you are having problems with uploading your file. Are you able to send an example of the file over for us to take a look at?

Other than that, all I can suggest is trying again with downloading a .CSV file as these are much easier to manipulate.

If QIF is the only format you can get then you may have to do a bit of manual manipulation - I’ve posted about this before, QIF is a plain text format so with a suitable editor you can fix it up by hand before uploading.

1 Like

Beth Please find attached a copy of the CSV file for the card in question

Removed attachment

Hi,

Thank you - I have removed the attachment for you as it is a public forum :slight_smile:

Thanks, I can upload the CSV if I download it then edit it but not straight from the download folder

The CSV that you’ve sent - is that the one straight from the download folder?

The file looks all ok to me - when you upload it, which option are you choosing? I will try to replicate to see if I get the same error.

This is the file direct form the download folder i have tried uploading it as “Barclays” and “other” some time it will upload some times it says the CSV is empty. The other issue is its sorting the transactions into the wrong column

Hi,

I have just tried using the ‘other’ - this will be the best bet as the Barclays option is more for a barclays bank statement rather than a credit card.

I have then chosen Column 1 for date, 2 for details and 3 for amount.

It appears to have worked fine?

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.