Barclays access code

I need to get an access code to activate all my bank accounts with barclays. How do i do that in Quckfiles? Where is my access code please?

Hi @lorrayndepeyer

Are you seeing this on the Barclays site, or the QuickFile site, when setting up the feeds?

Yes, the Barclays site require it
Thanks

Hi @lorrayndepeyer

This would be part of your online banking log in. With Barclays, I believe this would come from a Pinsentry device.

If you don’t have one of these, or are unsure, you may need to speak with Barclays directly.

Due to the nature of the access page with the bank, we have no control over the content here.

Hi Mathew,
Thanks for helping me -
On the Barclays site to add permission for my business accounts it says - “If you wish to renew this permission, visit the third party site or app to request a new access code”
?

I’m not overly familiar with the Barclays process, but I can only assume by “app”, they’re referring to their own app.

Unfortunately we have no control over what the ask for or do on these pages, as they are controlled by the bank for security.

One thing to check however - are you trying to renew a consent directly with Barclays, or have you done it in QuickFile and been redirected there?

Directly on barclays because when I go though Quickfiles it only gives me the option to add either my personal accounts or my business accounts but not both.
As you know all of my accounts were working before I recently revoked them to bring the bank feeds up to date.

It isn’t possible to renew the feeds from Barclays end unfortunately, it would have to be done on QuickFile initially.

Have you spoken with Barclays about this at all? If both business and personal accounts are under one login with Barclays, but they won’t allow you to select both types, it does suggest that Barclays are restricting this. Even if we did support 2 links in this case, I would suspect that a second link would break the first one.

If your accounts are one 2 different logins, Barclays may be able to merge them for you.

No they are all on one log in and I have spoken to them and they said to go to quickfiles for the access code?
What do I do? Help!

Hi @lorrayndepeyer

I’ve just checked this with a colleague who is familiar with the Barclays feed.

The only access code involved is when you attempt to link Barclays and QuickFile. You would start the process in QuickFile, and then it would redirect you to Barclays and it asks you for an auth code, generated in their mobile app.

If you have one login for all personal and business accounts but not being given an option to select these when linking the account, in this case it would be a Barclays restriction.

Is there a particular reason you need the personal accounts linked up too? Perhaps we can suggest an alternative method?

They were all working before.
What has happened?
My book keeper needs access to all my accounts through an accounting system to bring all my figures together for me. So does my accountant?

There is an option to give a thrid party permission to integrate in Barclays and for that I need an access code and it says - If you wish to renew this permission, visit the third party site or app to request a new access code.

I have just revoked the personal accounts and re-activate the business accounts through Quckfiles however I don’t seem to be able to get them running at the same time.
Ill try later to call barclays again about this however they said it was qucikc files who need to give an access number.
I feel a bit exasperated to be honest with you.
I need a fully integrated online service. Quckfiles have been great when they have been working however there seem to be a lot of gliches. Sorry frustrated because of the amount of time this is taking.
Why won’t the ap on quickfiles let me add all of my accounts?

As @QFMathew keeps explaining. The access code is either your pinsentry device, or the mobile pinsentry option in the app. Open the app, click mobile pinsentry, select identify, type your login pin, then type the code that’s generated.

QuickFile have no way of doing this for you.

Also it’s wise to understand that most of the time the people at barclays have no idea what they are talking about, and will just tell you any old thing as the answer.

From QuickFile go into the Open Banking section and select the option to connect a new Barclays account.

Select the option to “Connect with Mobile Banking” and you will then be redirected to Barclays with an Account Code. Follow the instructions 1-4 on this screen in your Barclays App and there you will be prompted to enter that 6 digit access code and then select all the accounts you want to link.

Last stage is to confirm on the Barclays app and you’ll then be redirected by to QuickFile. You may be prompted with a popup that asks where each account in this consent should be linked.

Hope that helps.

EDIT:

In regards to linking both a personal and business account in a single consent, I don’t believe Barclays allow this? There’s a slider at the top when in the Barclays app to switch between business and personal accounts. It only allows you to select accounts under one option or the other.

If you did that before I can only assume they moved your accounts from one section to the other? In general for accounting purposes you’d want to keep personal transactions out of your business accounts anyway.

1 Like

HI Glen, Oh dear. I tried it and it still doesn’t give me the option to integrate both business an sersonal accoubnts. Ill have to call the bank again.
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.