HOME / COMMUNITY Switch to knowledge base

Barclays - Unable to upload bank statement

resolved

I am getting an error message when I try to upload a bank statement from Barclays

I have done this 10’s of times before, but I get an error message, please help

Can't import Barclays statements anymore

Hi @jvanhoof

What file type are you trying to upload (e.g. CSV)?

OFX - “Microsoft Money 2002” as always but also get the message using a qbo

I’m having the same issue.

It was working fine.

It’s likely that the format has been changed by the bank. I will certainly refer this to our development team (and will send you both a private message shortly).

In the meantime, are you able to download a CSV file from the bank?

I can, but that is not really the way I want to do it as it can mess up the import

In what sense? Perhaps we can help you with this?

I would rather you fix the ofx, how can I help with that, do you want a file…

I’ve sent you a private message relating to the file. But I’m not able to provide a lead time on this at the moment, so I’m happy to help you import from a CSV file so you’re not waiting longer than necessary.

How do I see a private message ?

In the top right corner you should see your avatar (a green “J” in your case), with a green circle by it. If you click on this you’ll see a list of your notifications. Clicking either the message (if it’s there in the list), or clicking on the envelope, you will see your messages there.

Exactly the same issue. Need some help please

Hi @DareWrapsUK

We’ve received a sample file so we’ll take a look at this shortly.

Tried to upload my latest Barclays statement but it always throws an error:
There was an error processing your file.
Please check with your system administrator.
It has always worked fine for the last year or so. I have also tried to upload an older statement (which I’ve uploaded before successfully) and it comes up with the same error. I left it for a few days but still not working.
Any ideas?

Hi @Stephane

What file format are you trying to upload? E.g. .qif, .csv

Hi @Stephane,

Have you managed to successfully upload your bank statement now? If not, please do let us know and we will try to help :slight_smile:

I tried both qif and qbo. I always used qif and it worked fine until now. As i mentioned before I tried to re-import a qif I’ve already had imported a few weeks ago but now it’s not working.

Hi @Stephane

I’ve moved your post into this thread so it’s all together. We’re currently investigating this.

@jvanhoof @Stephane @ChrisReeves @DareWrapsUK

Just a quick message to let you know this should now be resolved. Apologies for the delay with us.

Please let us know if you experience any further issues.

Thank you, it’s working again.

2 Likes