Batch Supplier Payment Reports - aggregate totals vs. detailed breakdown

I’ve been trying out the Batch Supplier Payment Report as a means of making payments to suppliers more efficient (by removing the need to manually input the supplier details into batch payment software, for example, having already done so within QuickFile).

When creating the supplier reports with the “Aggregate totals by supplier” option, the supplier’s bank account name (“Bank_Name”) is included in the CSV file. Whereas, in the “Detailed breakdown by supplier” option, the Bank_Name column is not included, only the Supplier_Name. I imagine there may be instances where the supplier name and the bank account name are not exactly the same. So this raises a few questions in my mind.

Does the lack of a “Bank_Name” column make the “Detailed breakdown” version of the payment report less reliable for exporting payee account details to payment apps?

If so, would you recommend only using the “Aggregate totals” version for this purpose?

Or could we possibly have the “Detailed breakdown by supplier” CSV file option amended to also include the Bank_Name column?

Perhaps the lack of a Bank_Name field doesn’t matter as long as there is a supplier name?? I’m a novice to these things so I don’t know whether these details actually make much practical difference in all circumstances.

But I’m trying to establish more efficient bookkeeping processes at an early stage, so some guidance on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hello @Notesmith

Perhaps the lack of a Bank_Name field doesn’t matter as long as there is a supplier name?? I’m a novice to these things so I don’t know whether these details actually make much practical difference in all circumstances.

Does the lack of a “Bank_Name” column make the “Detailed breakdown” version of the payment report less reliable for exporting payee account details to payment apps?

Different payment apps sometimes have different requirements, generally either report could be used depending on your requirements.

Or could we possibly have the “Detailed breakdown by supplier” CSV file option amended to also include the Bank_Name column?

I have amended this thread to Feature Request so other users can vote on it and we view the interest.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.