Bicycle Expenses

I run a small Limited Company, and have just realised that I can use the business to pay for my cycling expenses, as usage of the bicycle for work far exceeds the 50% threshold. However, my understanding is that expenses such as bicycle servicing and other maintenance shouldn’t be recorded under the motor vehicles and travel expenses categories.

Can anyone advise what the correct expense category is to record such expenditure?

Thanks in advance.


you could create a new account code such as:

   7305 Repairs and Servicing (Bicycle)

and post your bicycle expenses to that code.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion, Darren. I’m quite satisfied from what I’ve read that I can claim cycling costs as a valid expense, so I will probably do as you suggest.

John F

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.