Broker account (looking to invest in a company)

Hi,

I’ve never invested before but I’d like to invest in a small amount for long term (10+ years) with money I can afford to loose.

In the UK, what is a good, cheap broker? I am led to believe I need a broker account to buy shares.

Thanks.

This isn’t the place to discuss this. Find another forum.

It might not be the first place you think of when asking about this but I’m not aware of anything that says this isn’t allowed here. Chill your boots.

1 Like

This is a forum for discussion regarding accountancy software. At a push, a forum to discuss procedures in accounting. How that equates to asking about investments I have no idea.

For starters what real information do you expect to receive from forum members? Would you invest purely because someone here told you to? What would you do if your investment failed? Do any members here have adequate pii cover to advise you? Are they covered should your investment fail? You may as well ask your mate down the pub.

Feel free to invest in any rubbish people may suggest. It’s your money. I stand by the fact this is not the place for this type of discussion.

Are you a moderator?
If so, please move this topic to the appropriate sub forum.
Or, just delete as you feel fit.

If you aren’t a moderator, then I don’t wish to heed your advice.

Thanks.

I’m not a moderator. But clearly the only one here who likes money. Do as you wish. I’m off to a beer making forum to ask about tax savings on my property portfolio.

For the record, there is no suitable section to move this to. Other than the graveyard.

ii.co.uk is great, low cost, good app and web and lots of good information.

HL.co.uk is market leader, but more expensive.

Vanguard good for regular saving into low cost funds.

Good luck with it…

1 Like

Your right I was a little rude. But only after being told to “chill my boots”

And its not “in my mind” . This forum is to discuss quickfile. I don’t get why ppl find it so hard to understand.

If there’s an off topic section. It would be best placed there. But if there isn’t one, it’s a big indication that it’s not relevant.

Totally reasonable.

*you’re btw.

Check out the website monevator.com. Fair information and some good comparisons. There is a broker comparison table, for example. (BTW, you did not say if you were investing as an individual or company; it makes a difference.)