Bulk tagging drawings - QF requests description

I have bank entries I want to bulk tag as Drawings.

When I select ‘Salary or Other Drawings’ from What type of transactions are these? QF won’t let me proceed and asks for a description. There isn’t a field for a description.

To get round this I am having to select ‘Something else not on this list’ and selecting the drawings nominal account instead. This option does give you the ability to enter a description.

Thanks

Olly

Hi @ohigenbottam

Thank you for bringing this to our attention - I’ve logged this with our team to be reviewed.

While tagging it as “Something else not on the list” and selecting the drawings nominal code should be all OK, this isn’t actually what the drawings tagging does.

The drawings tagging actually creates an entry in the “Proprietor’s Drawings Account”, which is a bank account on the system (this should be visible in the bank account section).

If you’re journalling your drawings on a regular basis, I would say you’d be fine - however, I just want you to be aware of the above as a precaution.

I will of course update you when I hear back regarding the issue.

I just do drawings as a “bank transfer between accounts” to the drawings bank account, then move the balance to the 3000 range at the end of the year.

Oh yes I can see that now. I have values in 1201 in current assets.

Yes I’ll journal this to reserves once I’ve finished.

Cheers

@ohigenbottam - Just a quick update to let you know that this should now be fixed. Please let us know if you encounter any further issues.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.