Bulk Upload of Bank Tagging Rules

Hi,
During Jun 2021 a feature request was raised to make it possible to upload bank tagging rules in bulk. I have just voted for that feature just to add weight to the request.
I think it would be a very useful feature for those businesses who are largely cash based and don’t need the architectural features for handling Sales, Clients and Suppliers and Invoices. I am looking to prototype QF based on previous experience for another account/project.
I am looking to see if QF will handle the following data profile:

1. Each year up to 100 people will register to use our service and they may pay the fees via one or more installments.
  2. Subsequently, for up to two more years, they may require our service and pay accordingly again possibly by installments. At stage 1 above they will have been assigned a unique ID number which we can use for all three years.
  3. An initial examination of our downloaded bank transactions indicates that although the people are requested to include their unique ID number, which they do, and some identifying text, not all online or counter based transactions are consistently formatted across the customers’ banks. However, as the number is somewhere in the text the use of the ‘Contains’ option matching on the unique Id number anywhere in the 44 characters supplied by our bank will suffice.
  4. I can quite easily select and download our reference table of unique ids formatted for immediate upload to QF even with some adjustment for each year which could be reflected in the nominal account code assigned for the year plus identifying the person as well if needed.
  5. It would be possible to do this by transcribing from a list,electronic or otherwise, however this might be error-prone and take longer than needed particularly if people need to be assessed as having paid in full or not.

Any thoughts,
Regards,
NDG1944

Hello @NDG1944

The development team add features based on the number votes feature requests receive (as well as current workload and new legislative changes).

At present our current focus has shifted to Making Tax Digital - Self Assessment

There are no immediate plans to implement a way to import bank tagging rules but it may come in future.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.