Can i recover an old journal

Is it possible to recover a journal that I inadvertently overwrote. It was only Today that it happened.

Do you have a regular backup configured? if you have a backup from a time when the journal existed then you should be able to find it in the CSV of journals in the zip file and get the values to re-enter.

Thanks for getting back to me. I’m not sure if I have a backup but it seems I should have.
Where would I find any backups and how do I set it up for the future if I haven’t got one?.

It’s under your account settings somewhere, I can’t remember exactly but it should say somewhere in the knowledge base.

In fact, I believe backups are made from a snapshot database that’s a few hours behind the live one, so there’s a chance if you go in right now and set up a backup schedule, then request an immediate backup, that this first immediate backup may still contain your missing journal. But you’ll have to be quick, it depends when the snapshot process runs vs when you mistakenly deleted the journal.

Edit:

Hello @Mark_Inker

On the back of what @ian_roberts suggests backups are taken on a copy of the data which is 12-24 hours old to it would contain the journal.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.