Can Supplier sent bill direct to my Quickfile account

When I purchase items invoices are sent out to me via my business email. Can these invoices be sent direct to my Quickfile account or do I have to forward them on via “receipts@quickfile.co.uk” which is what I currently do?
Just wondering if there was a way to send them direct. Also does anybody use a separate email account just for purchase invoices.

You could add your suppliers email address to quickfile and then give the “receipts@quickfile.co.uk" to your supplier and he/she can send it directly to Quickfile via CC. The downside: you can only setup 10 supplier email addresses in quickfile. To do this go to https://YOURCOMPANY.quickfile.co.uk/account/emailreceiptsettings

Or you can add a forwarder to your email account/client to forward the suppliers email to quickfile automatically. The down side is that all emails from that supplier will be forwarded to quickfile, such as non-invoice emails.
You could also use dropbox. You supplier can send/place the invoice in your dropbox account and quickfile will pick it up from there. Dropbox integration setup

If I add a suppliers email address to Quickfile and then give the “receipts@quickfile.co.uk" to my supplier does she have to send it directly to Quickfile via a CC link? Could she omit CC and just send it to “receipts@quickfile.co.uk". She has said she is unable to CC invoices. I would like to know if it would still reach my Quickfile account if sent direct.

Hi, she hasn’t to use CC. She can just send it to the email address receipts@quickfile.co.uk, as long her email address is registered in your receipt hub.

You will have to forward them.

The way receipts@quickfile works every sender address is linked to at most one QuickFile account, and all emails to receipts@quickfile from that address will go to the linked account’s Receipt Hub. So you can’t set up a supplier to send direct to receipts@quickfile as they could only ever do that for one customer - if a second QuickFile-using customer of theirs attempted to do the same thing it would fail because the supplier’s email address was already attached to your receipt hub.

It might be possible with some email providers to set up an address specific to you for the supplier to send their invoices, and configure that address to forward the messages to receipts@quickfile automatically, but it must forward them (changing the “From” address so the messages appear to come from you) rather than redirect them (sending them on with the original “From” address intact, which is what things like gmail filters will do).

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.