PROBLEM. Can’t submit vat return. My deadline day was 6 Oct. On 5th Quickfile displayed “HMRC unscheduled maintenance” and moved my vat submission to “SAVED”. Not sent.
Since then I have acquired a Government Gateway I.D. and having still failed to submit I disconnected from HMRC then reconnected. How should I now change that vat return from SAVED to SUBMITTED.
If all else fails would leaving Quickfile and then rejoining Quickfile (brand new)work?
Can I in this instance submit this current VAT return DIRECT to HMRC
Hello Darren
I can see on your account, you are seeing the “Client not Authorised” message in the Reports > HMRC Connections screen.
This message is returned from HMRC when we try and log in to your tax account behind the scenes using the details you provided.
This error usually occurs due to one of the following reasons:
- The wrong account has been linked (e.g. a personal tax account rather than the organisation’s tax account)
- The VAT registration number has not been correctly entered.
- The organisation is not fully enrolled for Making Tax Digital (MTD)
You can find more information in our HMRC troubleshooting guide below
https://support.quickfile.co.uk/t/making-tax-digital-troubleshooting/37144
I would first reccomend trying removing and trying to reconnect your account in Reports > HMRC > Connect ensuring all details are correct
We have seen instances where local software has blocked the connection, I would reccomend trying the below.
- Try incognito mode (ctrl+shift+n.
- Try an alternate browser).
- Try an alternate pc.
- Try loading it in you mobiles browser (try WIFI and mobile data).
If the above continues to fail you would need to contact HMRC directly.