Can we search invoice numbers without adding the "000" at the start?

Customer calls me wants to talk about invoice 214 and I have to remember how many 0’s to add before I search for it, while appeasing customer. Its a small thing, but it used to be so easy, now I have to manually add the correct number of 00 when searching for an invoice.

Hi @Gavin_Smith

Yes, this is possible. Just enter the partial invoice number in the “Invoice number” field on the sales invoice page search box, and you should see the matching invoices:

Thanks for your response,

I was referring to the quick search box

image.png

The search ‘upgrade’ really feels like a downgrade. I used to find things without issue. It was one of Quickfiles best features. Now I need to learn codes to get it to search the right way, add additional 00’s to find invoices and still things don’t always work.

Regards,

Gavin

Hi Gavin

Sorry to hear you feel that way. The search still works without the 0s on the invoice page itself.

If you click on “Sales” at the top of the page, this will take you straight to the sales invoice page where you can search without the 0s.

Hope that helps!

Gavin is not the only one that feels that way, many others do also.

I have encountered another search fail. There are work arounds. But it is clunky. I would read “contains text” to mean anywhere in the transaction. But it means exclusively somewhere in the middle, not at the start of a word. or at the end. It is all very specific and slow to get a result

If I search “clean” and tick “contains text” I get no result

If I change it to ‘cleaning’ I get no result

I have to change it to “cleaning” and use the “contains words” search

Or the “word starts with” box

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.