Can you alter the purchase category of invoices in bulk?

say for instance if i had a lot of invoices that had been put in General Purcahses and i wanted to change them to Broadband (or anything else).

can i filter them off and do this in bulk, or do i have to manually change each one?

Hi @adnw

The bulk re-coding tool may be able to help speed this up for you. It would be a case of selecting any entries you wish to change and using the tool to move it to a new nominal: Bulk change incorrect postings

1 Like

great thanks for the reply
only slight problem is that you cant really identify what the invoices are for from the list, the only identifyling factor is the £price. if you could do this from a list view of the supplier or a specific search it would work better.

if i have 100’s in a nominal and need to change half of them, there isnt really any way of identifying which need changing if all the £prices are random.

You can - if you pop up the “advanced search” button on the nominal account view one of the things you can search on is the “notes”, and for nominal transactions that originated as “payment to a supplier” those notes include the name of the supplier and the name of the invoice (tick the “show all notes” checkbox at the top right to expand all the notes sections and you’ll see what I mean).

Screenshot 2019-12-13 at 18.12.21

2 Likes

YES! perfect. that was not obvious that you could do that.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.