Cancelling VAT Registration

I would like to close my limited company and need to write to HMRC to close my payroll and de-register for VAT. I am not sure which address I should write to…

Any help much appreciated.


From this guide it looks like you need to file a VAT7 form. You can also cancel your VAT registration from the HMRC online account.

You can download a VAT7 form here.

There’s some additional guidance here on closing your PAYE scheme with HMRC.

Hope that helps.