Cannot delete receipt allocated to invoices

I made a mistake and allocated a (non-existent - please don’t ask!) bank receipt to multiple sales invoices, and the entry is greyed out and I cannot delete it. Is there any way I can save the situation?

[Update] So far, I managed to unallocate the payment to the invoices, but it would still not let me delete the original receipt, so I created a dummy repayment of the same amount. Overall the figures are correct but I dislike the incorrect/dummy data in the file.

It sounds to me like you’re on cash accounting for VAT and that payment has been locked by a VAT return. In that case the only thing you can do is refund the balance and then the refund should correct itself in your next VAT return.

Thanks for the comment, but I’m not VAT registered and I’ve checked that the VAT box is unticked under company setttings.

I’ve decided to delete all data and start again - second time. This was the first go with live data though. I’ll continue to use my old version of Quickbooks (offline) for my live books, and see how Quickfile evolves.

Was the payment all in GBP or did it involve a currency conversion? Even if you can’t delete the payment from the bank statement view, if you click on the green “tagged” button it should pop up saying something like “This [payment] is assigned to supplier [name of supplier]…” with the word “payment” as a link - click that to go through to the payment record, then there should be a delete button there somewhere (possibly under the “more options” menu button - I’m working from memory and not 100% sure).

I’ve had the system delete all data now, but while I had managed to unassign the receipt it remained greyed out and could not be deleted. It was a GBP transaction.

I have some privacy concerns (the dashboard shows the total debtors figure for anyone to see that happens to wander by when the program has just been opened, and there being no encryption on emailed pdfs), so I’ll come back to Quickfile early next year probably and see what has changed. I may have a play from time to time too as it seems pretty good overall.

What exactly was “greyed out”? I’m struggling to follow what you’re looking at here.

Out of interest who is walking by your screen who would be interested in your debtors figure? Sounds more like an issue of physical security. Solutions were provided for emailed invoices so not sure why that is still an issue.

The data has gone now so I cannot answer your question.

As regards privacy, If the dashboard were user configurable it would resolve my issue.

Hi @henryg

I believe my colleague has replied to your ticket in regards to security, but I just wanted to mention that if you have a Power User Subscription, there are certain aspects which could be hidden using CSS.

Alternatively, you’re welcome to start a new #feature request for this and we can monitor the interest in this feature.

Hi

Thanks for the heads-up. TBH I wouldn’t know where to start with CSS, although perhaps charging the font size would be easy enough and sufficient. Something easier would be preferable I think though - simple check-box type options.

I think I will parallel run Quickfile to see what I can do with it. Sadly that means trying the Power User functions will have to wait. I’m pretty confident that when I move online I will use Quickfile.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.