Cannot reconnect to my bank feed even when using correct details

Hi there.

This morning i received an email from QF saying I need to re-consent to remain connected to my bank feed. So i click on the link and get taken to a page with a big green button saying ‘I would like to re-consent’. I click on this and get asked to select my bank from a drop down list, I select Barclays. It then asks me to enter either my username and ID (which I do not know) OR enter my 16 digit card number (which is the way I have always ‘consented’ in the past). However when I enter my card number…correctly (I have checked this many times) and click ‘Next’ it tells me to please check the details I am entering are correct. From there it is a dead end. The details are correct but it wont let me proceed. It did say I could try with any Barclycard in my name. So I then tried my card for my personal account and again it basically says i have entered incorrect details when they are correct. So how can one get past this as the details I am entering are correct? I have already spent nearly an hour of my working day just trying to get this to connect and it just wont work…?

Thanks in advance foray help/suggestions.

Hi @Wingman,

When you connected the open banking feed before, how did you do it?

Hi Beth,

Thanks for your quick response to my query. I did it this way by entering my 16 digit card number. However on this occasion it tells me the details are incorrect when they are not. I am presently trying to get in touch with Barclays about this as it is on a Barclays page from which it will not let me proceed thus I am guessing the problem will most likely be on their side. I can however login to my online banking, it is just this consenting that won’t work. Very frustrating!

Hi @Wingman,

If it is failing on the Barclays webpage then you are best to speak with Barclays to find out why it might be failing.

If you are still having problems please let us know and we can help to investigate further

Hi Beth,

I have just gotten off the phone with Barclays who do verify the details I am entering are correct. They say that from there side they do not see any reason why the ‘Re-consenting’ shouldn’t work as my card is active and I am able to login t my online banking with my card reader. They say they think it could be a bad link from the QF side. Thus I am curious to see if anyone else is experiencing this same problem? I did also ask if they could supply me the the ‘Username and ID’ as requested in the first box when re-consenting, but the advisor confirmed I do not have one for my debit card (which is normaI as the Username and ID are for use with credit cards rather than debit cards) am unfortunately still unable to ‘re-consent’ despite having the correct details.

Hi @Wingman,

Thank you for the update. Are you able to take any screenshots showing the pages you are using but remove any sensitive information?

Hi Beth,

Please find below some screenshots as requested.

The first one is of the 3 options I am given to consent my account with Barclays. I selected the top option ‘Connect with Online Banking’. It then takes me to the next page which is the 2nd screenshot. Then the 3rd screenshot is of the page after I have entered my card details. I am unable to proceed from this page despite the details being correct.

I have tried rebooting my computer and what have you but to no avail.

Hi @Wingman,

Are you trying to connect barclays bank or a barclaycard?

The first screenshot you have sent shows Barclaycard?

Hi Beth,

I am connecting to Barclaycard. When clicking on the link contained within the email I received from QF to ‘Re-consent’ it takes me to a QF page which gives me a blue button '+ Connect a bank". From that button I get a drop down list of various different banks and the only Barclays related option provided is ‘Barclaycard’. I have however gone back to that page and saw another link somewhere below which gave ma another option (can’t remember what it said now as I have since clicked it and was able to connect using my online banking) It was an orange button. So it does now seem to have ‘re-consented’ (and thus the orange button doesn’t show anymore). I am nit sure why I dint see that before or if it even showed on previous attempts. So I am still little confused however I have managed to reconnect now so it seems all okay.

Thank you for your help today. Very much appreciated.

Regards,

Dylan

1 Like

It’s unclear whether you are trying to connect a barclays bank account or a barclays credit card. But it appears to me that your attempting to connect a barclays bank account using the barclarycard option, with is not correct.

Select barclays in the list of banks an re do all the steps again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.