Can't match transactions on different dates?

Hi, I just paid for a power user subscription! Hoping to get everything ready to be filed.

However. I can’t seem to tag transactions on “bank transfers”, where the transactions are on different dates. One account is in a different country to it takes 1-2 days to clear. Why does Quickfile not show me a list of transactions that match (in amount), and ask if i want to match it?

If i tag it as a bank transfer, it creates a duplicate transaction in my current account…

Hi @shaun.g

It’s not possible to tag two transactions on different dates. I would assume this is a transfer like PayPal or Stripe or similar?

In this case, you should use the one on your bank statement.

It’s from Bitpay. Why wouldn’t it allow to tag the same amounts on different dates? I believe other software can handle this.

Yes i can tag them from the current account, creating new transactions in the bitpay account, and then have to delete all of the actual imported transactions, just seems like a faff

If they are on different dates, it won’t balance in the chart of accounts. You could create a separate “Pending” bank account if you wanted to retain the dates, but the best solutions would be the just stick to the date on your bank statement.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.