Cater allen bank feeds stopped AGAIN

cater allen bank feeds stopped AGAIN on 19th November. even manual refresh is broken now. Will this ever be properly fixed, or shall I just remove (and ask for a refund) this feature from my account?

Morning Cliff,

We believe that Cater Allen are very close to launching their Open Banking compatible API. I have emailed our contact at Cater Allen to see when this will be available. It’s a priority on our side to move forward with this integration as soon as it’s production ready.

As soon as I have more information I will update you.

Awesome, thanks. Cater allen are really not as good as they used to be :frowning:

Hi @Cliff_Harris

I wanted to let you know that we onboarded with Cater Allen for Open Banking on Wednesday. We’ve had to reach out to them in regards to some integration issues. As I say it’s our top priority to ensure this feed is operational as soon as possible. Once we get a reply from CA we should be able to get this into our live environment.

I will keep you posted.

1 Like

We’ve heard back from Cater Allen today. It seems their API is not quite 100% complete. They have a release scheduled for next week that should fix the issues we’ve been encountering with our integration so far.

1 Like

Further update for you.

Cater Allen are in a “Managed Rollout” phase. We are part of their test group and our dev team are feeding back to CA on any issues encountered. We’re waiting for a response on a few points, although we hope to have something ready very soon.

this is still not available 3 months later?

Hi @Cliff_Harris

The Cater Allen feed is 90% done on our end, and is pending a fix on the banks end.

Currently the feed doesn’t supply any transaction description. We are continuing to chase this with them.

As soon as they’ve fixed this, I’m confident the feed will be up and running in a very short space of time.

Thanks. They really screwed up their new website, so I don’t have a high opinion of the software devs at their end :smiley:

@Cliff_Harris - I have some good news for you. It appears Cater Allen have added descriptions to the feed, so we are now in a position to do some tests, if you’re interested?

Just let me know, and we’ll get your account added to our testers list :slightly_smiling_face:

yes, happy to join the list!

I am a new QuickFile customer and am have not been able to get the Cater Allen bank feed working. When I phone Cater Allen they advise me to contact Quick File. From the comments in this thread it appears no other customers have working Cater Allen bank feeds. Is this true?

Hi @JonPaul

I’m sorry to hear you’re having problems with this.

Would you mind me asking a few questions about the problem you’re experiencing?

1. Do you know at what point in the process this is failing for you?
  2. Do you have any error messages being displayed at all?
  3. Do you have any more information about what is happening?

Once we have this information, we can start narrowing down what the problem might be for you.

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

This is my first time trying to use a bank feed in QuickFile and have never been able to get it working with Cater Allen.

In QuickFile I go to the Open Banking page (Open Banking (quickfile.co.uk)), press the ‘Connect a bank’ button and select Cater Allen from the drop down list. This takes me to a Cater Allen log in page (Welcome to Cater Allen Private Bank). The page is different to my normal online banking login page which is Welcome to Cater Allen Private Bank (caterallenonline.co.uk). The webpage asks me to ‘Enter your Username or Customer ID’. Entering my username or customer ID results in a ‘The credentials you entered were incorrect. Please try again’ error message.

I contacted Cater Allen but they say they have not heard of Quick File Limited and do not think you are a registered Cater Allen open banking user.

Not sure what to do next.

Kind regards,

Jon Eldridge

Just to clarify - QuickFile is registered with both the FCA and Open Banking, and we do support Cater Allen.

The login page itself is something that’s controlled by Cater Allen. Although I am aware in the early days of Open Banking, Cater Allen did operate 2 login systems, only one of which was supported through Open Banking, the other had to be migrated by them (more info here).

I don’t think this is an issue now, but I could be wrong. Ultimately, and unfortunately, the error you’re seeing is on Cater Allen’s side, which is something we don’t have access to or control over (for security).

Hi,

You were right, it was nothing to do with QuickFile, it was Cater Allen and me. Have had a Cater Allen account for years and stored the account number on my PC. At some point Cater Allen dropped the two leading zeros on account numbers. Their online banking login handled them so never knew there was a problem but their Open Banking login does not.

Cater Allen support eventually got back to me advising me to trying logging into Open Banking again but remove the two leading zeros from the account number. It worked!

Thought I should let you know if you get similar issues reported by other Cater Allen customers.

All the best,

Jon

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.