Changes without VAT rollback

Had an auto tag issue meaning that a few monthly transactions in the wife’s accounts were posted to “expenses” directly from the bank account rather than to the DL account to be split up. Since this covers 3 VAT periods I am reluctant to roll back to unlock then re-submit as none of the values will change just the posting location. Easier way round it?

Thanks!
Paul

Hi @Paul

What expense code have they gone to?

If they have been posted to another code in the same range as the DLA (0001 - 2999), then you should be able to move the transactions through the chart of accounts.

However, if they’re in a different range, this won’t be possible. In this case, providing they don’t have any VAT or anything else tied to them (which I assume they don’t given they were posted directly to a nominal code), then a journal to move the entries should work.

Does that make sense?

Thanks for the help…
They are debits from the bank acc, miss- tagged to Misc expenses 6900. Basically I want them to be a transfer from the DL account instead and then I can make the corresponding split entries in the DL acc.
It’s on Flat rate VAT hence no VAT impact. BUT - we just changed to Cash accounting for VAT and changed the VAT periods - hence being reluctant to mess with re-submitting 3 VAT returns!
Is there a way to undo, fix, then re-do the vat returns and mark them as sent (so QF thinks they have been!) but not actually re-send them?

There’s no need to touch the VAT returns. This can be solved with a journal to move the allocations from Misc Expenses (6900) to your DLA (1201). Once in the DLA you can split as needed.

You can either create individual journals for each respective transaction, or simply lump them all together on a single journal and set the date to correspond with the last incorrect tagging you made.

Hope that helps!

Thanks! That sorted it. Just out of interest could I have used the “move to new code” and done them in bulk?

Move to new code only works within the same category of nominals, so you can’t use it to move something from 6xxx to 12xx

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.