Changing value reoccuring purchase

Hi, I have several reoccuring purchases that I need to amend the value as my suppliers prices have gone up. Is it possible to do this without recreating them?

Hi @Johanna_Logan

If you go to Purchases you should see an option to view the recurring purchases. You would need to update them individually, but you can edit the values of them there, along with their scheduling if needed.

Hi I think that is what I am doing, but when changing the price to the new increased value it then show as Paid in part for the latest transaction

is there a solution to this problem

Hi @jomo252,

What problem are you experiencing? are you unable to amend the price on a recurring invoice?

It sounds as if you are trying to ammend an invoice created from the template rather than the template itself.

Certainly I have made plenty of changes to templates for price updates, changes to customer orders etc wtihout any problems.

I am trying to amend the price on a recurring purchase order, It’s a yearly bill that has now increased, when I modify it then the paid turns to partial as it is looking at the previous year

Hi @jomo252

If you cancel the recurring schedule and set it up again on the most recent and correct purchase, this should then be correct going forward.

Recurring purchases work a bit different to the recurring sales invoices as there’s no template as such, but rather it’s based off an original purchase invoice.

I have the same situation - our bank has increased their fixed monthly fee wef the next month. Is the only way to increase this to stop the recurring purchase and then create a completely new one?

If so, can I put forward for a future enhancement that QF allows amendment of the amount wef the next payment? It would save so much time.

Hi @Silverfrost

At the moment, yes, that is the only way to do it.

However, you’re more than welcome to start a new #feature thread for this.

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.