HOME / COMMUNITY Switch to knowledge base

” character showing as †in PO line item description in pdf

When a PO is printed to pdf the " character changes to â€

This problem was fixed in 2016 but seems to have appeared again.
See " character showing as †in PO line item description in pdf

Thanks
Nick

Hello @tc5440

I’ve just tried this but I’ve not been able to replicate it. Is there anything different about that line?

For my test, I tried "Test", but the PDF shows exactly that.

Hi, this issue is happening again. I have searched but cannot find a suggested solution from earlier posts?

The current problem is when I type the inch symbol in a PO item i.e.

1200mm OAL 1” dairy pipe with clamp spool both ends

I get this on the pdf of the PO

1200mm OAL 1” dairy pipe with clamp spool both ends

Any ideas?

Check in your account settings whether you’re using the old or the new PDF renderer, if you’re on the older one try the newer instead. Alternatively, just use a normal straight double quote symbol (") instead of the curly one () as that will almost certainly render better.

Where in account settings can I see which pdf renderer I am using. I assume you mean in QuickFile as the pdf is generated there and downloaded. If you are referring to the version of Adobe Reader I am using then it is the latest, I have just checked for updates, and the renderer settings are as shown here:
The double quotes I am using are the only ones on the keyboard. Where can I find more? This also happens with other characters such as -.

There’s a setting in Account Settings >> Advanced Features. The newer PDF engine is a bit smoother and supports more HTML / CSS too.

I will however run a few tests on my end shortly, to try and replicate this.

Just changed to the newer pdf renderer and it works great. Thanks very much