Chart of Accounts - Bank Balances

@amyearsley I do accept that getting a TB in QuickFile is not as intuitive as it could be.

The COA can work as a TB if you set the date range at the top to encompass all transactions, across all accounting periods.

What we want to do in future is extend the COA so you can still specify a particular accounting period (e.g. 14/15) and see the transactional balances for that period, but also to have an additional column that will show the balances brought forward.

Glenn

Thanks for the input it think its something that needs to be addressed as it stand it seems it will be a bit of a Faf when it comes to next years accounts. i think you will need to come up with a way of it showing the balance brought forward this would make life easier as there will be less towing an throwing and manual adding

We do already have an Extended Trial Balance (ETB) in QuickFile but it never made it into full production and was something we made available to our own accountants and some Affinity users.

As I say we will in time bring this functionality into the COA. In the mean time you’d just need to run the COA for two date ranges.

• Beginning of time to last year-end date (to show balances b/f)
  • Start of accounting period to end of accounting period (to show activity for the accounting period)

In each of the above cases you can export it to CSV.

1 Like

@mathump3 @amyearsley

We have now released a slightly simplified version of the Extended Trial Balance (ETB) that is available to all users. This report can also be exported to CSV.

See the announcement here for more details.