Checking when an invoice was altered and how?

Have just noticed a few invoices are drastically different to the amounts actually entered. Is there a way i can check how it was altered, when and who by?

Any changes (and by who) are logged in the event log of individual invoices, but it doesn’t show what was changed.

However, if you have a Power User Subscription, we do keep an invoice history which you can view by going to the ‘More Options’ dropdown. This only applies to the sales invoices.

Hope that helps!

Not really, 2 purchase invoices have been changed to £9.54, they certainly weren’t entered as that - have prints outs from when it was entered. Just trying to figure out how they can have changed. They are now in a locked VAT period so not sure what to do. I’m concerned that this has happened to other invoices.

Any change events are logged in the Event Log at the bottom of the invoices themselves (or in the Event log under Account Settings >> All Settings):

While these don’t show the changes, they do tell you who made them and when. Event entries can be deleted, but only by the main administrator.

That doesn’t really give me much clue unfortunately. Is there any way i can edit locked purchase invoices?

The only advice I can really give on this, is ask the person who edited it, sorry.

To edit an invoice locked by a VAT return, you would need to roll the returns back. However, if they’ve been submitted to HMRC and the figures will change, specifically if you end up owing more than what has been paid, you may need to contact them. You may also find this guide useful.

There’s more of a guide on rolling back VAT returns here.

OK, no worries. Thanks for your help anyway.

Will have a look through the guides

No problem!

Are you able to give me an example of a purchase invoice that has been changed please?

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.