Client address overlapping invoice details table

I have been trying the CSS editor. I have reinstalled the original “Standard” template, but the clients name overlaps the “invoice-details-tbl”, if I change the style to “Classic” the overlap is fixed.

I prefer the look and layout of the “Standard” template but would like the overlap fixed.

I have done a long client name (temporarily) as an example a/c ***113 inv. no. 000585

The overlap is less a bug and more a CSS feature.

This post explains how you can fix it.

I categorised the message under “bug” as no changes have been made to the template, but it does not show the client’s name correctly. (I have no logo uploaded, so that is not quite the problem)

Your client name is unusually long:

SANTANDER UK PLC SANTANDER UK PLC SANTANDER UK PLC SANTANDER UK PLC SANTANDER UK PLCSANTANDER UK PLC

One simple fix is to apply a width to the following CSS class. I’ve just implemented this for you on account ###113.

.recipientAddressDetails{
    width: 250px;
}

Thank you for the fix. Should not the template “Standard” be updated to show this effect so others will not have this problem in the future?

While I agree it may be beneficial and very simple to do, changing the global template is risky. You never know in what weird and wonderful ways this can break things on other accounts.

Usually I’d wait until this comes up more frequently before implementing any changes.

Anyhow, thanks again, I will add the css for omitting “uk” from my sender address as that what I started doing earlier. Cheers

1 Like