Client paying by GoCardless

One of my Clients initiated a pre-authorisation for a direct debit (GoCardless). As one of the payment was overdue I lodged a payment for #002708
Second Overdue Reminder for invoice #002708 sent to client electronically
The client logged in the following day and lodged a payment for what appeared to be outstanding
A Merged Direct Debit payment has been successfully lodged for GBP 64.00 against invoice #004080
A Merged Direct Debit payment has been successfully lodged for GBP 64.00 against invoice #003736
A Merged Direct Debit payment has been successfully lodged for GBP 64.00 against invoice #002708
It appears that the #002708 invoice is being collected twice.
I have checked the GoCardless transactions and it does confirm that this is the case
Any solutions?

Hi, @gjwguk, we’re looking at this right now. Let me update you shortly.

I see that direct debit for the invoice #002708 was lodged twice, on the 8th and on the 9th of July.

At the moment your Direct Debit Report shows the status for both those direct debits as PAID, once the satus changes to WITHDRAWN funds will be deposited on your account and payment records will be created showing the additional amount at which point you can issue the refund.

I was surprised that the invoice was not locked out so the client could not raise a payment.

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.