Client Statement Issue

I recently issued two credit notes to a client and held the funds on account. When paying future invoices, they mistakingly paid us for one of the credit notes - so now there are unallocated funds showing on their account as expected.

I’ve just created three new invoices for this client and wish to provide them with their statement showing the amount due (less the overpayment).

The balance due in the client statement isn’t reduced by the the unallocated fund amount. This amount is listed as a credit, but the outstanding balance surely should be net of the unallocated funds?

Any help most appreciated!

Hi @Meeko

What you see is the correct behaviour. The unallocated balance isn’t necessarily for the outstanding invoices in all cases, so it’s not included.

However, what you may want to look at is the alternative statement styling we offer. If you go to Account Settings >> Advanced Features, you will see an option for “Experimental Client Statements”.

Enabling this will change the appearance of the statements to look more like the payment screen you see in your QuickFile account.

Give it a go, let us know if this helps?

Hi Matthew,

That’s most helpful and makes perfect sense. The “Experimental Client Statement” is a nicer, more consistant format and I will use this to send to our client.

Thanks again for such a prompt reply.

1 Like

If you want to assign the credit to an outstanding invoice then you can do so by going to the relevant invoice and doing “log payment”, then “apply from credit”. This isn’t automatic since as Matthew says QuickFile won’t assume that’s what you want without being told - the invoice might be in dispute, the payment might be pre payment for further work not yet invoiced, or it might be from a different department if the client is a large organisation.

Hi Ian,

Many thanks, I’ve done exactly that, and with the new style client statement, this has resolved the issue perfectly. Thanks for your help, most appreciated.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.