Client visibility of entire customer account

Hi

We have a village hall with regular clients and one off event hire. We have organised this as a set of clients for regular hire. For event hire we are using a single customer umbrella (Event Hire) to avoid having to set up new customers for every hire.

When there is an event hire we add the new customers name as a contact in the company ‘Event Hire’. We then send them an Estimate that they can accept online which means that we have proof that they have accepted our terms and conditions. This then generates the invoice.

The problem is that when they click on the link to go onto Quickfile to accept the estimate they can also see a set of options on the left of the screen that lets them see everything to do with the company Event Hire - so they can see the details of anyone else who has hired the hall etc.

Is there anyway of limiting this so that they can only see information for Estimates/Invoices that have been addressed to them, rather than the whole company?

If not, have you got any suggestions on how we can handle this without creating millions of one off customers?

thanks, Karen

Hi @Karen_Scott

Firstly, given you have a left hand menu, it sounds like you’re on the older client interface. It’s not a problem, but there is a newer one available that you may wish to upgrade to.

There isn’t a way to disable these features as such, but you can hide them as much as possible through some custom CSS. I’m happy to look into this in a bit more detail for you if you wish - just let me know if you’re sticking with the current layout or wish to change to the new layout, and I’ll see what I can do.

Just to clarify - the pages will exist, but I’ll try my best to hide them as much as possible. You would also need a Power User Subscription for this to be added to your account.

Hiya,

Thank you for your fast response. We already have a power use subscription so that should help.

Yes please could you look at it and let me know if there is a sensible way forward? It’s a GDPR issue as the people that are hiring have no other link so the solution would have to be fairly robust / locked down. A very limited acreen is fine - we just need them to be able to accept the estimate, nothing else.

In regard of the user interface we’re happy to upgrade if you can tell us how. I’d assumed it all happened automatically as we log into the cloud service but obviously I’ve missed something.

many thanks, Karen

Most of the things do update automatically, but with the client interface, because it can be customised, it’s an optional upgrade.

I’ll drop you a quick private message and we’ll take a look for you :slight_smile:

The only way to truly isolate the different customers is to make them separate clients on QuickFile. You can make it more difficult for casual users to accidentally stray from their own invoices to someone else’s, but a nefarious user can manually enter https://yourname.quickfile.co.uk/clientarea/dashboard into their address bar once they’ve twigged that you’re using Quickfile and get access to everything owned by the “Event Hire” client.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.