Coding Tax Allowable Expenses for sole trader

There are two types of tax allowable expenses which I claim on my self-assessment tax return. These have been paid out of my private account, then twice a year I raise a purchase on Quickfile and transfer the amount from my Business Bank account to my personal one (same as for drawings). I followed the instructions and set this up as Expenses accounts for (a) Allowable business mileage (@ 35p per mile); and (b) Use of home as office - this is recorded and worked out on number of hours a month under the HMRC simple expenses recording system.
Somehow they are showing incorrectly under Personal Drawings Account and I think they need to be a separate category in order to correctly show as expenses on the P&L Account for the Self-Assessment Tax Return.
What do I need to do to journal a correction?

Mistake in the amount - the allowable amount for business mileage is 45p per mile, not 35p!

Hello @AnneL

For queries such as this I would seek professional guidance from your accountant as we are not professional accountants nor bookkeepers.

If you don’t have an accountant, we have a panel of accountants to choose from, for more information, please see the following link:

It wasn’t exactly an Accountancy question, @QFSteve
It was a question as to what I should do to get the two Expenses categories into the right place by journalling a correction. Possibly I have selected the wrong category of topic.

Hello @AnneL

I can help you post a journal using our software but I could not tell you where to post them.

If you can tell me what code you want to move the values to from your Personal Drawings Account I can advise on how to post your journal.

If you are unsure where to post them then that would be decision for you or your accountant.

Thank you @QFSteve
I have just run a P&L report again for that tax year and it now appears to be showing in the correct nominal code categories in the expenses section.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.