Company Month End Cheque Run

HI
Just moving away from Sage Line 50 and MSMoney3.
How do I create a Month end Cheque run report as per,
Creditor(Suppliers)Aging Report but Detailed
In Sage its called, Detailed Supplier Invoices Due, sorted by Supplier, then Date
e.g.
Sorted by Supplier, then detailed list of Purchases due for that Supplier, with Tags(showing things like don’t pay yet).

e.g.

SupllierNo1
Ref, Description, amount, Tag
#QF00088 10/05/18 General Purchase £123.00, ok to pay
#QF00089 12/05/18 General Purchase £323.00, don’t pay faulty, in dispute
Total £446.00

SupllierNo2
Ref, Description, amount, Tag
#QF00038 03/05/18 General Purchase £456.00, ok to pay
#QF00009 07/05/18 General Purchase £155.00,
Total 611.00
etc.

Cheers
Chris

Hello @ChrisatIIOnline

Welcome to QuickFile!

There’s a report in QuickFile called “Debtor/Creditor Report”, which can be found by going to Reports >> All Reports. This will give you a list of invoices outstanding (alongside their balance and status) as of a particular date.

However, this isn’t ordered by supplier by rather by date. You could export this which produces a .csv file, compatible with software like Excel and Google Sheets, which you could then order if you wish.

The only thing that would be missing from this report compared to what you’ve given as an example, is a status (“OK to pay / is dispute”). This topic may be of interest in regards to this.

I hope this helps.

Hi
Yep, we used,
Purchases>>Outstanding Purchases, and ticked SHOWTAGS,
then exported into Excel
Sorted by Supplier Name
Then Outline Subtotal on change in Supplier Name, sum, Add subtotal to, Total Amount.

This will then tell us what we owe our suppliers and any invoices that we don’t want to pay yet. We would then normally use this report to create a BACS payment schedule within our Online Banking.

What is the corresponding workflow/procedure for producing an end of Month Suppliers BACs payment list with QuickFile, or should we be adopting a different why of working/thinking?

Thanks

There isn’t a built in report for BACS or cheques unfortunately (although we’re happy to consider new features - just post your idea in the #feature category).

However, what you’ve done with the tags sounds like a good way to manage this. Project tags are pretty flexible and can help in numerous ways.

This is however a public forum, so other users may very well add their own thoughts and processes below too.

Hi will post as feature request,
So how would you sort out which suppliers to pay and how much to pay them at the end of each month?
Also can my method of using Excel be automated using API’s (not looked into this yet)?
Thanks

The report I mentioned above should help with this as it lists all outstanding invoices, along with a description, supplier name and the balance. It would just need a bit of re-ordering (which could be done in Excel for example).

Other than that, the outstanding invoices report should help.

This may be possible. Our API is quite flexible too. The best thing to do is give it a go in the sandbox - this does use real data, but will show you the full response, and supports both XML and JSON endpoints.

The report I mentioned above should help with this as it lists all outstanding invoices, along with a description, supplier name and the balance. It would just need a bit of re-ordering (which could be done in Excel for example).

Other than that, the outstanding invoices report should help.

Total apologises if I’m missing something, but does that mean every QF user has to export to Excel to pay there suppliers credit accounts if they pay them monthly?

There isn’t a report for this at present. It has been discussed previously in relating to BACS, which you can find here:

BACS Payments to suppliers

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.