Confirming Quickfile as authorised to access VAT

When I click on the connection from your email I log into my HMRC VAT account and a message comes back not approved - Tried 4 times no difference. How do I give my approval to the HMRC to let quickfile access my account?

Hello @Renwick

This error usually occurs due to one of the following reasons:

• The wrong account has been linked (e.g. a personal tax account rather than the organisation’s tax account)
  • The VAT registration number has not been correctly entered.
  • The organisation is not fully enrolled for Making Tax Digital (MTD)

You can find more information in our HMRC troubleshooting guide here

I would recommend going into Reports > HMRC and removing the failed links.
Try linking again ensuring it is the correct account being linked (some companies have more than one or have their own account for self assessment. Make sure you log in manually rather than using saved details from your browser to mitigate this.)

I think I have been through all that already and still no connection. Checked VAT No etc. I believe I am fully enrolled for the digital age!!
How do I remove failed links?

Hello @Renwick

How do I remove failed links?

• Reports > HMRC
  • Click on the red Disconnect X

Once you have tried my suggestion, if it still does not work you would have to contact HMRC directly as the failure code comes directly from them. We have no control over this.

Been through this an there is no change. Account access not authorised. Can I speak directly with someone and get this sorted?

Yes did that no change

Hello @Renwick

You would have to contact HMRC directly as the failure code comes directly from them.

We have no control over this.

Hi @Renwick

Just to add to @QFSteve’s post above, one of the common issues here is logging in and connecting the wrong HMRC account.

As Steve mentioned, the error is returned by HMRC and we have no further information other than what you see, but logging into the same HMRC account and checking that it is your VAT account (rather than, for example, your account for self assessment), should help rule it out.

There’s a bit more on checking this, here: Making Tax Digital: Troubleshooting

Been on to HMRC. They have changed the account codes and log in!!! Not telling anyone. So I have a new VAT ID and password. Went back to your Quickfile login and guess was Access failed again!! Any ideas??

Hi @Renwick

Sorry to hear you’re still having issues with this.

Did you try the link to the HMRC website in the guide? Did that say it was all connected?

I’ll also, separately to this thread, send you a private message, just so we can get some account information from you and take a look, make sure all the settings are spot on.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.